Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Aw Nuts, It's a Choice

Good morning...for the third time. You only get to read one devotional this morning, but this is the third time I've started writing it today. There is something about the president's State of the Union speech each year that gets my political ranting and whining mechanism going. It's a choice whether to pass that on to you, and perhaps ruin your day, or to just let it go and remember who is really in charge. I decided to eat my eggy-in-a-basket and let it go with God.

I like to think that Jesus took care of my salvation, and then kick back and wait for His return. There is nothing wrong with that attitude except for that little 'kick back' part in the middle. Each day is a choice to fight in the ongoing battle against the prince of this world and my natural inclination toward the slothful life. The Devil would be just happy if all God's people chose to take the easy way each and every day. We do need our rest, but it kind of follows that we need something from which to rest. If I 'kick back' and Jesus doesn't return for a century or so, it could get a little hungry around these parts. Work has its place in our lives; the lives we gave to Jesus to the glory of God the Father.

God loves you!
Bucky

No comments: