Friday, February 22, 2013

Fine, Go Ahead And Boast

Good morning as the lovely snow sits over the town! Not all boasts about the old stomping grounds are only idle bragging. My new town has the streets cleared off already. I guess that old guy was right about his hometown. I want to boast too. Life in this world has trained me to boast on my resume about my skills and experience. The world has trained me to boast so that I don't look weak in certain social situations. These situations are more commonly known as 'bars' or 'taverns'. Movies and other shows that we watch do not exactly train us in the taking of a passive stance either regarding our strengths and weaknesses. So what does the Bible tell us to do? Yeah, Paul tells us that he is going to boast of his weakness.

Aw, nuts! He would say that in the Bible. Are you sure Paul didn't write a little newsletter on the side where he said that? Maybe the great apostle had one of those epistle logs, you know an eplog, where he set down his ideas to try them out before publishing such things to the Romans or Corinthians. No? But I don't want to boast of my weakness. I want to be strong like all those comic book/movie/space wars heroes I read and watched while growing to adulthood, which occurs in men at about 35 or so. Nope, sorry, Paul published his revelation for all of us to read and obey.

So, go ahead and boast. Tell the world of my weakness. Let everyone know what Christ has done for me. Can you imagine filling out a resume with that information? Here's a weakness: I'm just ornery enough to try something like that. It should make a good chapter in my book.

God's love and blessing to you on this fine, cold day!
Bucky

No comments: