Thursday, February 21, 2013

Coming Around Again

Good morning on this snow day on the High Plains! The school superintendent even took the time to call me personally and let me know that school was cancelled for today. How do you like that? Of course with today's automatic dialers, message distributors, and other electronic computerized stuff, he probably didn't know that he was calling me. I liked it though. I graduated more than 30 years ago and I still raised my arms and let out a 'Yahoo!' Praise the Lord for answered prayers!

Speaking of prayer, how many times have you found yourself asking things like "Why this again, Lord?" Does it seem like our tribulations come around again? Perhaps it was something I missed last time, but then that would be a critique of the Holy Spirit as well. It may be that this tribulation comes 'round once more to provide more practice. Something in my faith needs to grow a little more, or this time I will come to God in prayer more quickly and with less grumbling. We may not see the reason now, but faith tells us that God has a reason for bringing that same tribulation to us one more time.

There is our answer, faith. Building up that tiny seed takes watering, nurturing, and the one we don't like - something for the little plant to push against to grow strong. The winds of tribulation cause the little seedling of our faith to resist (at least we should be resisting that temptation) and build up strength. Faith knows that God will prop up the little seedlings and lend them His strength as needed. Faith may not see the mighty tree full grown, but faith believes it will happen. Faith feels the pain of growing under testing, but faith trusts the Tester.

To God be the glory on this day,
Bucky

No comments: