Saturday, February 02, 2013

Sometimes I'm Not Weak Enough

Good Saturday morning! Can it be true? Does my strength at times get in the way of the Lord's work? Thinking of Paul's weakness and God's answer in 2 Corinthians 12:9, I realize that at times I am:

Not weak enough to be strong in the Lord,

Not poor enough to be rich in Christ,

Not speechless enough to speak for God,

I lean on my own understanding, and the Lord will not hold me up in that condition. I become rich in my own providence and lose the provision of God. My strength gets in the way of trusting in my God, and my will takes the place of God's sovereign will. How do I get in this condition? Temptation of course.

As the first lies were told in the Garden of Eden, the first temptation got underway. What was at the heart of that temptation was the desire to be like God and thus not need Him anymore. We know that didn't work out for Adam and Eve, or for those of us who followed later. We need Jesus daily, moment by moment, or we fall hard and it hurts.

Bucky

No comments: