Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Work to Do - August 27, 2008

Good morning! Early one day, late the next. Yes, Tuesday turned out to be a very long day for me. Praise God for work to do and the work that is to come. It may seem strange to celebrate something that we don't always want to get up and go to. I am talking about work. Yes, your workplace may not be ideal, that is for Heaven, and you may not like your bosses or all of your coworkers. However, I have seldom seen anyone less happy than a person or family out of work. God gave us work to not only make a living, but to learn, grow, and to feel better about ourselves. Occasionally, I have to put in a long day, one that extends into the night, but overall my job is much better than many in this world. I shall miss it when the time comes to move into another career.

What a wonderful day we have in Christ Jesus! I wonder how my life would feel if I didn't believe in Christ? I suspect that I would be subject to much more despair and dread. Every time someone mentioned Hell, I might feel a chill or a fright, or worse feel that I had been a "good" person and that God would never condemn me over others who seemed "bad". Sort of like that fellow in the Bible who thanked God that he wasn't like other men. Jesus told us that fellow did not leave justified in the eyes of heaven. The sad part is, that fellow went home in ignorance of his condition and eventual destination. I am glad that throughout my life someone has always been there to say, "You are a sinner and in need of salvation! Jesus is the Way!" Too often we forget to thank God for all those messengers. May God bless every one of them on this day.

Praise God for the new day and the new opportunities!

Bucky

No comments: