Friday, August 08, 2008

Show a Little Gratitude - August 8, 2008

Good Friday morning! Wow, Friday arrived very quickly this week. Today, I feel the soreness that comes from a job well done yesterday. I led a team on an early trip to a remote site and we worked hard all day accomplishing much that needed to be done. Now, as the leader of that little expedition, my responsibility is to show some gratitude for all that hard work. Often we notice that our leaders forget that same gratitude. However, how our earthly leaders behave, especially if in a bad way, may not be something that we should imitate. If you or I work for an ungrateful leader, we can still bring glory to God by showing gratitude when placed in a position of leadership. As I think that some areas of my own workplace are deficient in showing gratitude, I take every opportunity to show that God has changed me for the better by showing gratitude to teammates. My first assignment for today is to get in early and submit my team for an award. The fact that I worked with them and feel the soreness today is my own reward. God has blessed us by giving a good feeling when accomplishing a difficult task. It just feels good to work hard to the glory of God the Father.

I pray that you will enjoy a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Bucky

1 comment:

Maga88 said...

Dear Bucky

Thank you for your post. I so agree that gratitude is very important! It can turn anything into a gift.

I actually wrote a page about being thankful that you may find relevant:

http://www.the-benefits-of-positive-thinking.com/being-thankful.html

Thank you and have a brilliant day!

Cristina