Monday, August 25, 2008

Time Flying By - August 25, 2008

Good Monday morning! The devotional from Love Worth Finding didn't arrive yet this morning, and so I will share one from Pastor Schuller from the Hour of Power. We seem to be in a weather pattern of unsettled lately. Sunny for an hour, then cloudy, then sunny again. However, we haven't received any rain from the clouds going by. I am grateful for the cool mornings that this time of the year brings. I need to get movin' this morning, but of course nothing comes to mind for writing. It seems that writing a devotional is not something that can be pushed or rushed. I tend to think that if I could just get to the point where writing is the only thing I do... However, I am fooling myself in this. Life in this world is sometimes likened to a treadmill, lots of activity and sweat, but no real progress overall. In some ways that may be true, but in Christ we know that we are going somewhere. The point about making writing the only thing though is that it will never be the only thing. The various chores around the house, the errands out of the house, and the demands upon my time will never cease in this lifetime, whatever my career field may be at that moment. Time, the terrible goad and burden we share in this world. Never enough of it at one moment, too much of it at another. Do you suppose Jesus had this in mind when he told us that His yoke is easy and His burden is light? I believe that is at least part of it. He also reminded us that time is short and that we must be about the work that God has given to us. During his life Jesus too felt the press of time in this world. Be anxious for nothing! Your savior knows what time it is and will get you where you need to go. I like to remind myself of that when it seems that time weighs most heavily on me. As Paul told us...

Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice!

Bucky

No comments: