Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Don't Know! - August 28, 2008

Good Thursday morning! I feel close to God this morning! How does that happen? Why do I feel closer on one day than another? Three things I believe have much to do with this feeling. 1. Surrender - giving all of yourself to God. 2. Forgiveness - asking for and receiving the forgiveness of Christ Jesus. 3. I don't know. Eh? What happened with number 3? I mean to say, admitting that I don't know something, or more accurately, a lot of things. One of the more difficult things to do in this life is to simply admit, "I don't know". Your boss asks you questions at work, friends ask you things, and even the world will come to you to test your knowledge. You might call number 3, humility. Admitting to God that you don't know everything also acknowledges that He does. Once you admit to God that He does know everything, how can one say that he is equal to God? One angel did once upon a time and got tossed from Heaven for it! I am writing that in a light-hearted manner, but it is no joke to us down here on the Earth. Humility is the opposite of pride. Learning to admit that we don't know something not only keeps us humble intellectually, but also shows us where we can spend time in study. There is no book better for pointing out "I don't know's" than the Bible. Did Noah save any insects on the Ark? I don't know, and the answer may not be in the Bible. In that case, perhaps that is something that I don't need to worry about. I don't know all of the answers, and I have good reason to suspect that you do not either. We can take comfort in knowing one thing; that God does know everything and delights in sharing as much knowledge as we can handle at any time in our lives. I don't know everything now and I am content with that. However, what does God have for me to learn today? Time to go find out...


God bless!

Bucky

No comments: