Saturday, August 09, 2008

The End is the Beginning - August 9, 2008

Good Saturday morning! I was honestly at a loss this morning. When checking my inbox, the LWF devotional had not arrived. I like to read the words from Pastor Rogers before starting my own writing. Sometimes I write in concert with his subject and other times I feel led to write on another area of our Christian life. I am glad that Pastor Rogers had the time to write many of these devotionals before he was called home a couple of years ago. Anyway, I had asked myself what I would do without the LWF devotional to start off the day and the answer was of course, trust in God! At that moment the LWF devotional appeared in my inbox. Amazing? No, as I come to know the Lord better, that kind of thing is more normal than a non-believer could ever realize. To the glory of God the Father, once more into the writing dear friends!

As a misty sort of rain falls outside, I woke up early to read more of book 5 in the Left Behind series. I do enjoy those books, but not so much as my Bible reading. It should come as no surprise that as we grow in our faith, we discover more meaning in God's Word and come to enjoy the reading more and more. At times we find ourselves chastised by the Word, but more often we find comfort, compassion, and a wonderful love coming from those hallowed pages. We are with Paul through trials and triumphs, we ride into battle with King David, and we learn from the wisdom of Solomon in the Word of God. However, above all we learn from and come to trust in Jesus, the subject of God's Word from beginning to end. A non-believer might tremble in fear while reading Revelation or Daniel, but we find comfort and a great joy in what the future will bring. While the world might point an accusing finger at us over the joy we find in Revelation, it is not the prophecies of death and mayhem that we revel in, but the promise of our Lord's return. Not one of us wishes harm to come to others, believers or non-believers, only that our Lord Jesus will return to us and take us home to be with Him forever. The ending of the Word is the beginning of eternal life in Christ! May God be forever praised.

Have a wonderful and joyful weekend!

Bucky

No comments: