Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Run to Jesus - April 2, 2008

Good morning! I had planned on taking a two-week break from any evening computer work after college, but that is in jeopardy. The writing, it seems, will not wait. You will notice a little tardiness in the devotional this morning; I had another of those nighttime installs last night. The cat didn't take his morning hug very well today. Actually, he doesn't take a hug well any time of day. I think the Lord gave the cat to me to remind me of how I often act in just the same way with Jesus. I want the attention and providence of Jesus, but when He pulls me close, I try to pull away. We need to be reminded of Jesus' special love for each of us. At times our rebellious nature tries to reassert itself and we pull away from our Lord.

In Mark, the disciples became too protective of Jesus one time, scolding some parents who had let their children run to the Teacher. Jesus in turn became angry with His disciples for preventing the children from coming to Him. In the times we notice an urge to pull away from Jesus, we should remember that we once ran to Him in the same manner a child would run to Him. We still need to do just that. Trials and temptations coming at us? Run to Jesus. Does everything seem just fine and not a cloud in the sky? Run to Jesus. After we run to Jesus, we can learn the joy of walking with Him.

Praise God at the dawning of the new day,

Bucky

No comments: