Saturday, April 26, 2008

Amazing God - April 26, 2008

Good Saturday morning! I see the first signs of the rummage sale crowd moving about the streets; I may join them in a bit as there are two sales on the next street over. In Guideposts this month, there is a story of a garage sale addict; she had to set limits to her buying, even at garage sales. Can we all agree that it is fun to buy? I think so, and I too have had to set limits for myself. The lure of collecting can become simply another form of greed. This morning, I took a trip to Wal-Mart and bought nothing but necessities... ah!... really, all needed things... ah!... okay, so the Cheeze-its weren't really needed, but they are tasty! I wonder if any of the garage sales have some good books today?

Reading has become a passion once more now that college has finished running me through the grinder. Alrighty then, enough about that. Lately, I have seen many messages regarding the power of prayer. Prayer is one of the best things that we can do for each other and especially for those who do not believe in Jesus. We can pray anywhere and at any time of the day or night, short prayers or long prayers, emotional prayers and quick prayers, all of those prayers are heard by God. We may not see the immediate answer that we want, but we all pray that God's will is done and not our own. Prayer, the powerful and pleasant activity that we engage in daily, has an impact that goes far beyond what we can see. I think that when we see Jesus, He will be kind enough to show us just how far our prayers went in this lifetime. What will we say then? Probably just what we say now... "Wow! You are amazing, God!" Today, take an extra moment or two to kneel down and pray for someone that you know is hurting.

God loves you to pray for others, enjoy it!

Bucky

No comments: