Saturday, April 05, 2008

Learning More - April 5, 2008

Good Saturday morning! What do I know? That is a good question to begin a learning process. This morning, I wondered how much I truly know about holiness, righteousness, grace, love, and justice. I have used these terms in devotionals, heard them in sermons, and read them in the Word of God, but how much have I really tried to learn about them? Today seems like a good day to take a dose of humility and ask for God's guidance in learning more about some of the basic terms of our faith. College is over, I applied for my diploma last night (another $30 fee, thank you very much) and now I have the time to apply my learning to, well, do more learning! All through college I have yearned to spend time digging more deeply into the Word and the wonderful books written to help us understand more of God's gift to us. Along the way of course, I should like to share what I find with you. I have quite a few companion books to Christian life and questions, but feel free to make suggestions from your own reading that may help in this endeavor. I spent the past three years studying what college wanted me to study; now it's my turn to study the teaching of my friend Jesus Christ.

May the name of Jesus be held in reverence by each of us,

Bucky

No comments: