Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let Go and Let Jesus - April 29, 2008

Good morning, a new day has dawned. Some mornings it is easy to wake up and see my mistakes. Today is a case in point. Late in the night a very odd dream woke me up, but that isn't the point of this. What happened after awakening is the problem. Satan handed me the football, threw a finger up toward the end zone and I took off with the ball. It was only after an hour or so of tossing and turning that I came to realize that I had carried the ball anxiously to the wrong end zone. I am using a football metaphor that may not seem clear at first. What I am speaking of is the late night worries that drive away valuable sleep; the ones where we know that we should trust in the Lord, but somehow we don't until the morning light. Any of us can stubbornly carry our own worries for much too long. The result is the physical symptoms of those worries such as headaches, indigestion, and others following us into the new day. In failing to leave our worries at the foot of the cross, which we know very well that we should, we hurt ourselves. I did it last night, you have probably done the very same thing at some point.

I have good news for us; the dawn brings a new day in Christ. The worries of the night may deprive us of some sleep, but God brings a renewing and refreshing spirit to the new day. We can go forth renewed in Christ, even after a night of worry after listening to a lie of the devil. Thinking back to many such incidents, I cannot recall any that have ever gone as badly as my lie-induced imagination would have me to believe. People will growl and snap, but we are not to be afraid of them. You or I may lose a job, a house, or some other possession in this world, but we will gain all that and more in Christ Jesus. If any of us is trusting too much in a job, God may take it away so that we realize that He, and not the job, is the provider of all of our needs.

Let Christ see to all of your needs, in this world and the next!


Bucky

No comments: