Friday, April 18, 2008

A Great Day in Christ - April 18, 2008

Good Friday morning! If you are a die-hard Rockies fan, you may not be up yet, or worse not in bed yet. The game ended sometime after one a.m. this morning and fans enjoyed (?) 22 innings worth of baseball. No, I didn't watch, which explains why I can be up writing at 0600 this morning. I think the baseball season is too long already, making each game last more than six hours would be like kicking someone at the end of a long race. Ah, Friday, a day to relax a bit at work, or in some cases to not be there at all. I shall try to do my best at work today, and I hope that you will too.

Work, not something that we always look forward to, and often something we look forward to getting away from, whether in retirement or just for the evening. God calls us to enjoy our work and do well at it. How do we enjoy something that demands so much? Start a little at a time. Work on starting each workday with a positive attitude in Christ. Jesus died to save you and I; we can certainly start each day by realizing that we are loved and worth a great price, that of Jesus' own life! As the dark mornings of winter give way to the morning sunshine of spring, take a moment each morning to face the rising sun and know that the Son of God is risen. We can take a pledge to work on our work attitudes in small steps. Begin with a little prayer, "Jesus died to save me, and He will not leave me. Today will be a great day in Christ Jesus!"

God's great blessing go with you on this great day,

Bucky

No comments: