Wednesday, September 23, 2020

When I Pray

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

So, Paul says that I do not know how to pray as I ought to be praying, and God speaks through Jeremiah that He will listen to me when I call upon Him. So, does that mean that God listens to me babble along in prayer not doing very well at it? Well, yes, and praise God for His patience with this oft times babbling little praying one. With the kind permission of the Lord God Almighty, I would like to continue to practice praying to Him while He guides me in His dear Spirit to better prayers. Until the time when we can get my prayers to a higher state, I have the assurance of the Spirit's intercession for me before the Father. Therefore, when I pray I'm going for it and making my requests known to God, rejoicing in the Spirit as editor and presenter of my prayers to the Father our God. 

'nuff said about that! 

Bucky

No comments: