Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Learning From The Lord

Blessed be the name of the Lord! When I am faced with my inadequacy for this task, I look to the Lord for His help. When I fail, I realize with some shame that I looked to the Lord too late. For one with Bible knowledge in his heart, this happens much more often than you might think. I think that most of us will admit to 'going it alone' more than we would like. We still fall much because of this prideful inclination we have. David, in one of his psalms that is way back near the end of the book of Psalms, sang of his falling and failing. Then, he asks for a couple of favors:

Teach me to do Your will,
​​For You are my God;
​​Your Spirit is good.
​​Lead me in the land of uprightness.(Psalm 143:10)

Great is the desire in us to walk in God's way and to do His will, but we fail. David knew enough by this time in his life to ask based on God's goodness and not because of any merit he possessed in himself. Indeed, David wrote one of those verses we don't always remember along with "for all have sinned..."

Hear my prayer, O LORD,
​​Give ear to my supplications!
​​In Your faithfulness answer me,
​​And in Your righteousness.
​​Do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
​​For in Your sight no one living is righteous. (Psalm 143:1-2)

The Lord's sight sees all that we do and think and without the saving grace of our Lord Jesus there is indeed no one righteous in the sight of God. Praise God we do have the grace of Jesus; we do not labor in vain!

Have a better day in Christ; great things are afoot!

Bucky

No comments: