Friday, June 17, 2016

Unclear on the Concept

Have you ever tried to converse with someone who cannot or will not get what you are saying? Yes, probably myself at some point, but I mean other than those conversations. You say that your position is firm, but they try one way then another to get you to move off of your stand. It can be a frustrating and at times amusing process.

When we go forth to witness, we run into a similar situation. The world cannot understand the words of eternal life without the work of the Holy Spirit first. We may run into situations where we might have more luck explaining the Christ to a baseball bat than the person we are trying to converse with. What may be amusing is in the other person's extreme effort to avoid admission of "I don't understand." We may do that ourselves sometimes.

Do we always practise godliness in our lives? Do we even know for sure what it means to be godly? Have you and I come before the Lord to admit, "I don't understand this, sir!" Like those who are unsaved, we may not like to admit when we don't know. "I teach a Sunday School class; I can't blurt out that I don't know. What will my students think?" We can take comfort that not one of us has perfect knowledge of God, His Son, or all that is in His Word. No matter how much seminary, divinity school, Sunday school, Bible study, sermon writing, hymn singing, and just plain learning from our dear Lord we have done thus far in this life, we all have quite a ways to go in sanctification. So, let us all fear God, but not be afraid to come before Him to admit, "I'm a little unclear on this concept, Lord!" There is good reason that folks back in the day called Jesus, Teacher.

To all of us who are now falling down on our weakness and shortcomings: remember well the love our Lord Jesus bears in His heart for us this day.

Your brother in Christ,
Bucky

No comments: