Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Switch PPM To WWH

I surely do like to cry and moan about the weather when it's too hot, and today looks to be one of those days. As that title will mean nothing to you without some explanation, I was pondering switching my focus from poor, pitiful me to wise, wonderful Him. Of course we know that already. From songs to hymns, and poems to sermons, we know that we must change from looking at the desperate, sinful creature we started with to the wonderful new creation Jesus is building in us. In other words, we learn to focus on the wonder of our Savior. I thought a little extra about that today because on the hot days I am in need of a reminder.

Now, you folks from down south are probably wondering when it ever gets hot enough to worry about here further to the north. You are not impressed by the whining of PPM. You folks from down lower and east or south, where the humidity goes to play likely will fail to be impressed by my sniffling over the heat as well. So, the down low is that poor, pitiful me does not make a very impressive witness. Whatever the circumstance causing PPM to do his complaining is not enough make that impression we need for the Good News to take root and grow. Wise, Wonderful Him stands a much better chance of breaking through the clutter of circumstances in this age.

As Paul discovered, "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2 Tim 1:12) It may be fun to gripe a bit about the weather outside, but the better witness is in Christ. I am persuaded that He is able to keep me through the circumstance and to raise me up in that day which quickly comes in this age. On that great day, I don't think I will be too worried over the weather.

Have a great day in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: