Thursday, November 20, 2014

Give Something, Somewhere

Don't be selfish with the Word, the good news of Jesus Christ. Spread that seed everywhere you go. How do we do this? Be and become what God has made you and me. Talking is only one way to spread some of that Gospel seed. Most of us don't talk all the time, not even the ones whose critics claim that about them. We witness more with our lives and faces than with the tongue. Tough times in life can bring out our witness more than the easy, comfortable times.

When I had no money to give, other ways of giving occurred to me. Christians look most often to money as a means of giving, perfectly acceptable when the church has bills to pay, but there are other means and methods too. Teaching, music, volunteering, and others come to mind easily. However, one can also give of his experience in mentoring younger men. Another might give advice from her past, positive and negative stories accepted by the Lord, to steer young women or girls along the path of righteousness. I think most of us have those negative stories; you know, the ones where we say something like, "Don't do what I did..." All of us who believe will at some point come to the conclusion that part of our witness is gratitude for Christ. As in, "It has become obvious to me that I can in no way save myself through pure, good, and righteous thinking or behavior, because I started life as a sinner and only Christ can cleanse me from my sin."

Sure, it seems obvious to us now, but think of the worldly unbeliever who says, "I don't think I can be as good as Christ or His Christians!" Praise our Lord, we can say that is the work of Jesus, and not something we accomplished through effort. Whoops, see there, we went and shared some of that good news.

Have a godly day!
Bucky

No comments: