Wednesday, November 06, 2013

What Does Someone See In Me?

Good frosty morning to you! My county voted against secession from Colorado yesterday. I'm glad as I do not believe that is the right answer. If there is to be a 51st state, let's ask Canada for the Yukon. We need another place that is way out there. Wait, is 'change everything' stamped on my forehead or something? Yesterday, I walked into a place and got read the riot act about procedures already in place and how important it was to follow them. I had to wonder if I didn't have some odd sign on me. Maybe that ornery Lee put a sign on the back of my coat, 'Invading Philistine, Watch Out!' or something to that effect. The lady may see something in me that I do not. Females of our species are known for their intuition, mythical or not, perhaps she could see a harbinger of change standing in her doorway. This brought me to this morning's question: What do others see in me or you that we cannot see?

For that matter, what might God see in us that we refuse to see or believe about ourselves? What talents lie unused in my life or yours that God wants to put to work? The bottom line of our resume should state: I have hidden qualifications that you can see and I cannot, please take this into account in your determination. Our mission today: try to discover what God sees hidden in us that can be brought out to bless the world. Not the easiest of missions, at a certain accumulation of years we might think we know all about ourselves that we can know. God may have a different view on that conclusion. The best first step on our mission then is to ask God our Father in prayer.

Have a changeful day of discovery in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: