Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful I'm With Him

Good Friday morning! As I looked at the clock from my bed this morning at 0600, I realized that many people were up and shopping already. I experienced no lasting desire to join them. The whole black Friday thing just doesn't appeal to me in the way it does to some folks. I did think of what happens when a person goes into a place and meets an aggressive questioner.

This is unlikely in a retail business, but suppose that you go with a friend to his workplace. As you approach the inner entrance, the friend is distracted for a moment and separates himself from you. A guard quickly lines you up with his beady eyeballs and barks out something like, "What are you doing here?" Gulp! What to say? I don't know if scientific studies bear this out, but my experience in stressful situations is that the brain tends to shut down a bit. You take the quickest option; pointing to your friend, you stammer, "I'm with him!"

That is exactly the point. Everywhere we go, we should listen to the Spirit's reminder, "You are with Him!" I can help myself too by pointing up and thinking or saying, "I'm with Him!" Indeed, Jesus reminded us first, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Thank you, Lord that on this day You are with me, and I am with You. Let me say every day that I'm with Him.

Bucky

No comments: