Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Reimagine?

Good Wednesday! I saw a news article that avoided the would-have-been by the term reimagine. Now, I don't know about you, but when I try the would, sorry, reimagining of events in my life it only makes me depressed. As C.S. Lewis wrote, "To know what would have happened, child?" said Aslan. "No. Nobody is ever told that." Reimagining, as the term goes, does not help our cause right now. A president of our nation assassinated in office may have steered the nation in many directions, had he lived out his term. Imagine that none of us are here today because a Secret Service agent jumped in the way at the right moment. Yeah, sounds kinda dumb when done that way.

We are tempted to go back to a point in life and reimagine a bright, golden future of our triumph. The fact that it didn't happen, and the present where we stand is so much dimmer by comparison, is a good way to bring the spirit down into the doldrums of self-defeat. It is vital to the Christian to live in the day, that is, this day. Consequences of past mistakes may linger to this day, and you or I cannot go back to change them. We cannot be robbed of our hope for tomorrow when it is based in Christ. The one who is, who was, and who always will be.

In Christ, I live for today,
Bucky

No comments: