Friday, November 08, 2013

Not Too Seriously

Good Friday morning! In my new direction, a lot of cheering on the self goes on. However, I added one thing to the bottom of the list: Don't take yourself too seriously! As I work on increasing my self-confidence, promoting belief in my abilities, and telling myself how good I am, I also need to remember who gives me the strength to do these things. Then, as I remind myself that I am important and able to give something to the world, I like to remind me not to take self too seriously. Yes, a great thing can be accomplished by opening businesses and providing jobs, but in the end all of this will be gone. There is much to be said in these times for helping people laugh. Comforters are in high demand too, and there may not be a fortune in it.

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." Laughing is a great form of resistance. Some of the thoughts I get that spell out anxious visions of gloom and doom are quite funny if I stand back and realize how very unlikely a picture is painted. God is very creative; our adversary not so much. I suspect that if Anxious Man didn't add his creativity to the doom visions they would be quite dull and silly. Time to not take these 'might be' visions too seriously. I think my best novel writing is when I am not too serious.

People do like the dark novels these days. The readers wallow in gloomy visions and a good way to awards is the book where many die, more are disappointed, and some even die disappointed. Must it be that way? No, I think not. We could use joy, laughter, and encouragement in big doses today. If I take myself too seriously, it is hard to write out some good news.

Enjoy the day in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: