Friday, October 04, 2013

I Don't Have An Explanation For Everything

Rain and wet it's just a bet, but I feel that snow is near! Time for Christmas music and the Snoopy dance. As it has been established by the title that I can't explain everything, I have decided to descend into silliness for today. Did you know that a morning banana kind of ruins the taste of coffee? I don't have an explanation for that. I wonder if a Snickers bar will restore it? Nah, better stay out of the Halloween candy. Try just one piece at 0730 and I will probably eat the stuff all day. Candy calls out to itself, wanting any pieces left in an opened bag to join with it in a constant symphony of sweet taste and pleasured palate. I don't have an explanation for that. Returning to the house from my walk this morning, I discovered that I was all wet, or maybe I discovered it after writing my first paragraph. If you don't get it, you need an explanation for that!

This devotional is not always a forum for deep theology. I think that sometimes we seek God too much in what we think is the deep end of theology, eschatology, and other big-sounding words, only to turn and find Him playing with the children back where the waters are calm and faith is powerful. Not everything has a deep meaning in this life. The meat of the gospel is not necessarily a difficult read with months of study behind it. Did you ever think to sit down and just enjoy the words of Jesus as He gave the Sermon on the Mount? To read and enjoy the greatest sermon without loading the self with a ton of demands for changes to make an acceptable sacrifice out of what God has already accepted in Christ? Perhaps for today, I can walk with Jesus in place of trying to study His words under the microscope of my intellect. Ya know, just have fun with my Lord for a bit, enjoying His company and delighting in Him as He delights in me.

What a thought for a Friday. Praise God our Father!
Bucky

No comments: