Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Something Wonderful This Way Comes

Good evening! The day is warm in a comfortable way. This afternoon, a thought suddenly came to mind that something wonderful comes for us. At least, I hope that it is not only for me. The Lord may have reached down and given me an infusion of faith at a time when I most need it. I don't think that it was something mundane such as a sugar rush. I cannot recall having any today. In our prayer and Bible study with the Lord, we may be given an assurance that things are going to turn out just fine. We do not know the date or the time. We may not have an idea how long we must endure this current trouble. But we may suddenly know that God is in control. The world may rule on this or that, but God overrules. We also know that Jesus is returning for us and to rule the nations. That's a good indication that something wonderful is indeed on the way. Does this mean that individual blessings are not possible? Certainly not!

God does send individual blessings. I will testify to that, and many of my brothers and sisters in Christ will too. We have a God who loves us and cares for us. Not all of life is a trial or a trouble. We enjoy blessings both great and small in this life. When we most need it, a blessing arrives. Of course, God decides when we most need it and what it is that we most need. Many a time, I have tried to convince God through earnest prayer and supplication that I know what I most need and when I need it. You are correct; that never works no matter how hard I try with religious labor and great fervor. God keeps His own counsel on how to best provide for my need. In fact, the wonderful things tend to come more quickly and more often when I get out of the way with my expectations and let God handle the problem in His wisdom.

Praise God and thank you, Lord, for your blessings!
Bucky

No comments: