Monday, May 14, 2012

'Cuz Ahma Scared

Good sunny and cool morning! The sun is out and shining, but the air is a bit on the chilly side today. Today, the warrior dressed in his finest armor: head covering, goggles, face mask, another head covering, thick gauntlets, two coats...er, breastplates, boots, and leggings. Grabbing sword and shield, he went out to battle... with the wasps. Yes, one nest did escape the treatment. The warrior's goggles fogged up. He isn't sure why that would happen on such a cool morning, but it did. The nest in the Weber grill even got a good coating of soapy water until his sword jammed! Aiieee! Sound the retreat! Fleeing like the waspy (not to be confused with wasp-waisted, which he most certainly is not.) coward he is, the warrior retreated to safer ground, unstung, and ready to flee further if necessary. The warrior might not set any foot speed records, but then, one never knows what the proper incentive might produce. A good end to a tough weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom. I remembered after I sat down in church and someone mentioned that it was in fact Mother's Day. The warr...oops, sorry, I will, if God is willing, be moving to a less-costly house in the near future. My Internet connection may go down for a while and the devotional may be a bit sporadic during the sales and moves and such. I do not yet know where I will be moving to, but I'll let everyone know as soon as that is known. I have clung to some things for too long and the parting time has come. Unless, of course, God changes my plan through His divine prerogative, which He is most welcome to do. Some plans are just made for God's intervention, but that does not always happen. I have witnessed many Christian warriors moving to lesser quarters during these difficult times. Why should I consider myself better than they? What I do know is that God will be with you and me wherever we may go. I also know that like military quarters, these houses and apartments we live in here in this world are not our eternal homes. Perhaps God moves us from time to time to remind us of that fact. Am I a little frightened, well let's say concerned, by the upcoming changes in my life? Warriors in Christ are not frightened, are they? ...ready to flee at the slightest hint of a buzz. Okay, I am more than a bit concerned.

Wasp hunting early in the morning is more than just a pleasant diversion, it also distracts me from the many other issues of pulling up stakes and moving on down the road. Of course, my tendency toward anxious thinking makes more of this than is or may be absolutely true. 'On down the road' might be only a few miles to a smaller town. The lesser house is still a house, not a hut in the desert. Above all, I cannot be separated from the love of God. My home in heaven that Jesus is building is in no danger. Did I say 'pleasant'? The warrior must have sniffed a bit too much wasp spray this morning.

Praise God for the potential in this new day!
Bucky

No comments: