Monday, August 31, 2009

Trust in God...and Wait! - August 31, 2009

Good Monday morning! The final day of August for 2009 and the Broncos lost again. Sidney lost on Friday night; so we had a bit of a losing weekend in the football arena. It's a good thing Nebraska didn't play yet. :-) I enjoyed a good trudge today; the mornings are getting on the cool side up here on the high plains. The message to me on my walk this morning? Hold on: trust in God only, not in "I". If you take a look at the Hour of Power devotional this morning, you will see that someone else got the same message.

How many times do you trust in "I"? As in "I" can do this, and "I" can change that, or if things work out, "I" will be successful. We tend to bang around that "I" word so much that we forget who "I" is trusting in when "I" throws down the plans and schemes. The Bible reminds us often to trust in God, and not in our own abilities and understanding. What is so hard about trusting in God? Waiting. When things look tough or just downright bad, we have a lot of trouble waiting on God. We seem to be wired to take off in every direction trying different ideas, and probably wasting a lot of effort and resources. I have noticed that God doesn't always reveal His plans and means to us until the event or action occurs. This is probably to keep us from mucking up the plans He has already set in motion. Can we mess up God's plans and opportunities for ourselves? Yes, God may send help and each of us has the choice to refuse it. We can miss opportunities and in general make things worse by not listening to the Holy Spirit. When we gained salvation by believing in Jesus, we didn't lose the ability to make choices. A choice gives us the opportunity to follow Jesus, or to go the wrong way. How do we find out the way God wants us to go? Prayer and quiet time with Jesus.

Enjoy the new week and share the Good News of Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: