Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Bus Approaches! - August 12, 2009

Good Wednesday morning! Do you miss someone from the past? I suspect that all of us have someone who has gone to be with Jesus or has simply dropped out of contact due to the shifting currents in the river of life. We might think; "Should I write? He probably remembers me as that goon from back in the day." I know that I lost some contact info from my work PC; my own fault, I knew better than to keep it there. :-) The question today is: do you write, e-mail, or call those that you do have contact information for and see on a regular basis? Sometimes we tend to assume too much. "He or she knows that I'm okay 'cuz they haven't heard anything to the contrary." The fact that you haven't made the local, or worse - national, news because of some tragedy is only some consolation.

Just a short time ago we were much more dependent upon letters to communicate. Imagine how many anxious thoughts could go through a loved ones mind if you only wrote twice a year. Today we have e-mail and other forms of electronic communication. Drop someone a quick note to let them know you care. We don't have to start out a loving message with: "You're a sinner and your doom approaches!" This is often what the world tells its own that Christians will do. That doesn't sound like good news to me, and it wouldn't to our long lost friends either. Would you tell a loved one standing on the road that he is a pedestrian and a speeding bus approaches? No, you would reach out to pull him out of the way. Praise God that our Lord is more merciful than a speeding bus! We can gently point out the peril of a loved ones position without fear that he or she will be mowed down immediately upon realizing their own mortality. How much good could we do if every time we tried to share Jesus with someone a bus ran them down? One thing we can know about our sovereign Lord; if we are to deliver the message, the friend will have the time to hear it. But we must not delay, the figurative bus is indeed coming!

Glad to hear that all of you with jobs are much more productive and doing it for much less money! Congratulations, employers all over the country will get bonuses for getting you to do more while earning less! :-) I won't charge you for the sarcasm since you've probably given so much of yourself to your employer this year. I am sad for my former teammates though; I think you and I could both see that is what would happen, and now government figures have confirmed it. I sound very Dilbert-ish, but a few lay-offs and the remaining workers scurry around like frightened rats trying to keep their jobs. As a former corporate slave, I have only one piece of advice: trust in God and not in any earthly employer. I wonder if Scott Adams needs any help? I could use my years of experience in a large corporation in writing Dilbert strips. :-)

God bless you on this fine day,

Bucky

No comments: