Monday, August 24, 2009

The Lesson Learned - August 24, 2009

Good Monday morning! Another week is upon us as we wind down the month of August. Masterfully stating the obvious is as good a way as any to begin the devotional for this morning. :-) I see a notice for yet another class action lawsuit in my mailbox. I think just living qualifies a person for at least of these in their lifetime. I'm sure a few more are lurking out there somewhere for me. Sometimes we deliberately join a class, such as purchasing a particular appliance or stock; other times we become members of a class without realizing it, as in going to a grocery store regularly. Each time we may find ourselves as party to some sort of class action lawsuit. The story usually goes that a person does nothing and someday a small check or gift card may be in the mail. The real winner in these suits is often a legal firm specializing in class action lawsuits. I have even written about these suits before, probably just after another in the seemingly endless stream of notices has arrived in the mail. I suspect that a hermit living in the remote mountains of Idaho would receive at least one notice of legal action each year filed on his behalf.

Back around 2001 or so, I picked a few stocks in my area of expertise. Of course, all of them failed miserably in the dot-com, tech stock bust that occurred. Fortunately, as I have come to realize in the blizzard of class action suits, I am not to blame! In every case, the company or CEO is to blame for misleading me into taking a risk on the stock. Funny, I thought stocks were risky when I bought them. Hmm, should have realized it was the dern CEO's fault all this time... However, given the choice, I would rather learn my lesson. If I accept that my mistakes are always someone's fault other than my own, I will jump in and make the same mistakes all over again. I joined the class of stock market investors, tried to pick stocks, failed at it miserably, and lost money. Big deal, that's the stock market.

One day, all people, will be told to join a class. This class will have many advantages that we take for granted these days such as: buying groceries in a supermarket, losing money in the stock market, paying a mechanic to fix our vehicles, purchasing fuel for transportation, or even supporting a wildly expensive hobby like all of those I've ever attempted. We know about this coming one-world system of government and commerce because God has warned us in advance. The only catch to this very organized, and no doubt prosperous, system will be that a person must bow down before the image of the Beast. The world may scoff at such a prophecy right now, but come it will just like all the others fulfilled in the Bible. Imagine how easy it would be to pass a law stating that all users of popular Internet auction and e-commerce sites must be registered by scanning their mark. Doesn't seem too far fetched at all...

Trust only in God,

Bucky

No comments: