Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Troubles - August 20, 2009

Good Thursday morning! Aiigh! I missed it yesterday; school started without me! Ah well, I think I can live with that. :-) I thought that Pastor Schuller's devotional looked pretty good today. We fear change; often without checking first to see whether the change will be good or bad for us. We all start out as sinners, the Bible says so in no uncertain terms. Obviously to enjoy the presence of God there must be a change. A change for the better, though it may be painful at times.

On the other hand, getting fired, laid-off, terminated from our respective jobs doesn't seem like a good change and we rightly fear it. Is the fear justified though? Tuesday morning at our weekly prayer breakfast, we got on the subject of people we know losing their jobs, an all too common subject in the past year or so. Some of us have gone or are going through that very same change even as I write, myself included. What do we tell those who have lost their means of making a living? Those folks need to know the same thing that I did: God is in control, trust in Him! I can tell you that I still have to remind myself of that fact. We prayed that no one else would lose their jobs, but we also know that didn't happen. So here is your chance and my chance to be there for someone in a time of need. I don't know all the names, probably never will, but between all of us we should be able to help with the emotional pain of those we do hear about.

Going through a major life change, especially one that is thrust upon you, is very difficult. I don't know what I would have done without Jesus, and my friends and loved ones. I can only imagine how difficult it would be for those who believe in only themselves. If you know someone, get out there and see what you can do for them. It helps a lot just to talk to someone; you can take that from me. :-)

Pray for those going through the big changes today. Trust in God!

Bucky

No comments: