Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Yahweh Shammah - March 4, 2008

Good morning in Christ Jesus! Once more a timely reminder that joy comes from within. I read about the river of healing that springs from under gate of the new temple in Jerusalem. Perhaps I should use the name above the gate, Yahweh Shammah, God is There. Ezekiel is full of very powerful imagery, but the last one sticks with us. The river of healing that turns the Dead Sea into a fresh water lake where fish abound. The fruit trees bloom all the time and produce a new fruit each month. The leaves are used for healing. Although we feel pain this morning, I am sure that the smallest nibble of one of those leaves would make us completely well. Right now we do live in a world of pain and sorrow.

Yes, we are passing another virus around our work area. This one makes your joints and body hurt. I cannot pretend that the pain makes me happy, but I can cling to the joy of Jesus in my heart. This winter has been particularly tough in the flu and virus department, and I have enjoyed my share of the communicable diseases going around. I think we shall all be glad to see this winter end.

God bless and keep you,

Bucky

No comments: