Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trust Completely - March 20, 2008

Good morning! The day is known as Holy Thursday, although I am not sure why. This is probably the day of the week that Jesus was seized by the Temple guards and taken to the first of the illegal trials held. Today I have asked for the Lord's guidance in writing the devotional. I do this every day, but on some days I don't feel a message within me. It is on these days that I think the strength of the Lord shows greatest in my weakness. How often is that true? The days or moments when our strength is not sufficient or when we think we just don't have it; those are the times when the Lord takes over and shows where the true message comes from. I am not the Good News, Jesus is. I am not the light, but the vessel that Jesus, the light of the world, has chosen. Each of us may have cause to think that God has chosen the weakest vessels, and that may be true. However, God keeps his own counsel and we can only trust in Him. Trust is that time when we feel weak and simply say, "Lord, here I am, use me." The Lord of course, is perfectly happy to accept each and every one of us, and next thing you know... a message comes pouring out of our mouths or our little typing fingers to the glory of God the Father!

Prepare to celebrate the Lord's resurrection and glory as Easter weekend starts with Good Friday. I pray that some of you are taking a break from work and enjoying the company of loved ones. Let Heaven and Nature sing of the glory of our risen Lord!

Bucky

No comments: