Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Opinion of Cats - March 8, 2008

Good Saturday morning! I wondered this morning where to find help for pride in some skill that you or I might have. We cannot falsely say that we are not knowledgeable or adept at some talent that God has given to us, for that would dishonor Him. We should not boast about it, for all talents come from God. This wondering happened right before I tried to make coffee with an empty filter basket, staring dumbfounded as clear water poured into the carafe. Yes, one more thing that I need not worry about. God will keep us humble whenever a dose of humility is needed. Sometimes God's timing is so beautiful that you can only laugh at yourself, and that is just what I did too! The cats have agreed that I am insane, but who cares about their opinion anyway. :-)

Easter approaches! I haven't been trumpeting that with the same enthusiasm as I do for Christmas, and I do believe that is wrong. Christ's birth is important, but not as important as His resurrection on that great day some years ago. Easter is the celebration of our hope in Christ and we don't do enough of it here in this dark world. We need to work on turning that around. I know that the secularization of the Christmas celebration may cause us to think, "what's the use". However, we shouldn't give over to the world the celebration of our Lord's rising from the grave. Here is a radical idea, everyone take off for a week at Easter. No buying or selling, just a celebration of the Lord's resurrection. Do you think that would work? I am thinking that most of our employers would take a dim view of that at first. It may take some time to convince the world that would work. What was your first thought? Something about not being able to make it without that week's pay? Me too; looks like we may need to work on our trust in God before we go too far with this.

God's blessings go with you this fine day!

Bucky

No comments: