Saturday, March 15, 2008

Endure to the End - March 15, 2008

Good Saturday morning! The snow has made our world white once more in this area. The snows in February and March have not been deep snowfalls, but they do seem to be fairly consistent. That is the key to giving, consistency. We may wish for more to give, I know that I do, but we only have what we are given by God. At times when I find myself thinking of more to give, I like to think of the few loaves and fishes that Jesus used to feed thousands. Jesus took someones lunch and fed a multitude. What was the return on that small gift? Just barely enough? No, more food was leftover than Jesus started with! Our giving is the same, we may not have millions and thousands to give as some do. However, each paycheck is an opportunity to be faithful and give consistently. Each of us may not have as much as we would like to give, but we have something to give from and the more faithfully we give, the more we will be entrusted with.

What a great day to kick back with a cup of coffee (decaf) and write in the Lord! Snow on the ground, but the streets are clear. Cold but not terribly so. A warm house and a day off work; it just all makes for a nice Saturday. Oh, there's that homework thing... Well, that homework thing is about to come to a close. Two weekends are all that remain. Figuratively speaking, they can beat me, kick me, and send me nasty notes, but I will endure to the end! Our Christian journey is much the same, although the beating and scorn may not be figurative but real. We can see the end even when not knowing the timing. Our journey's end is in sight and we can endure in the strength of Christ Jesus. Graduating from school? I'm sure that I am not the only one graduating. That is quite an accomplishment and will be a great day, but that is minor when compared to that great day when Christ shall reign forever.

God bless you this fine weekend!

Bucky

No comments: