Saturday, December 01, 2007

December 1, 2007

Good Saturday morning to you! And it is December 1st also, the first day of the month of Christmas. I don't know about you, but some of the wonderful Christmas movies are in store for me today, along with that old schoolwork. One of these days you will be reading this and notice that I don't mention school or homework. Yes, I look forward to that day too, and it isn't far away from now! It looks like snow around these parts and I do believe the weather forecasters agree with my amateur prognosis. Perhaps there is no scientific evidence for a person's joints predicting the weather, but I surely can feel the change this morning. I pray for a white Christmas this year, even for you folks down south. There is something so very special about Christmas, the celebration of our Lord's birth in Bethlehem.

Have you seen the news reports about Bethlehem lately? The little town in the Middle East has become a scene of contention with a huge wall separating the people from each other. The Prince of Peace may not seem to be in control of His own birthplace, but let us remember that Jesus will one day set all of that to right. In Bethlehem, the freedom to choose between Jesus or this world is at the most obvious. One one hill is the Church of the Nativity, in other places the worship of Muhammad, and in others the idol of violence and secularism, all together in a place that we hold dear. In the last days there will be a coming home for God's people; I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that kick into high gear very soon.

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas season!

Bucky

No comments: