Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 19, 2007

Good Wednesday morning! It's out there now! I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and let the cat out of the bag, if you will. For two or three years I have deflected the question, or avoided the answer, of "what are your career goals?" Now Cabela's knows that I want to retire in a couple of years and start a writing career. That is a burden that is off of my conscience. They know my plans now and will probably hold me to them. Praise God! Even a good secret can become burdensome if kept too long. However, I shall believe that this revealing, as with all of God's plans and purposes for my life, is at just the right time.

Merry Christmas! Let me say it yet again. Less than a week now and the excitement builds. This is a tough week in college, we all want to break for Christmas. It reminds me of the Christian walk. We anticipate that day when Jesus calls us home, or even better comes to take us up from this earth together. However, that doesn't mean that we can drop our tools and relax in spreading the Good News. The devil would like nothing better than for all Christ-ones to relax and goof off until Jesus comes. The Word must go out and each of us, in our unique God-given talents, is called by God to do some task in bringing in that one, ten, or twenty lost sheep. Some Christians are called to help bring in thousands or millions, such as Billy Graham, but others might be called to only bring in one. That one is just as important to God as each of the thousands, do your task with the knowledge that all of Heaven's saints cheer you on!

To God be the Glory!

Bucky

No comments: