Monday, December 17, 2007

December 17, 2007

Good Monday to you! Yes, the morning is here, but I thought a little change of greeting to be appropriate. Merry Christmas to each of you also! In reading a devotional from Max Lucado this morning, I thought of all the pains in the world. Yours, mine, a person in China, another in Africa... all over this world people are hurting and dying. God knows each and every one, and as Max pointed out, He sorrows over each one. Our thinking might turn toward the, "God has forgotten me" self pity that comes from the whispers of our adversary, but as you will see in Pastor Rogers' devotional, that is never the case. We have a need to be reminded daily, and perhaps more often, that we are loved by God and by many other people. Self pity drove Elijah to comment that only he believed in God. To which God responded, "No, there are 7,000 others who still believe in me." Be watchful for that self pity, a sneaky feeling to be sure, it comes upon us when we least expect.

The state of self pity comes very easily during the holiday season. We often fail to think of those spending the holidays alone, especially in a hospital. Someone noted that in suffering we gain understanding of others and their pain. One place that is extremely difficult for me to visit is the hospital. Most of you understand the reasons behind that, but one more I time I shall try to visit someone this Christmas. I have been blessed with that understanding that comes from experience.

Have a wonderful Christmas, and please pray for each other,

Bucky

No comments: