Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Sunday - December 23, 2007

Good Sunday morning! What a blessing I received today. The guest pastor on the Hour of Power was none other than Max Lucado, author of 3:16, the Words of Hope. I learned that his last name is pronounced with the long "a" too. Never think that a ministry is without practical value! :-) This morning always starts the core of the Christmas season for me. The Sunday morning services before Christmas start a period of intense reflection and joy in the celebration of Christmas, and in what God's gift means to me.

Today we may lose some of our snow covering as it is already above 30° and the wind is blowing. I think God is cleaning the slate to give us a new blanket of snow on Christmas day. Those of you traveling this weekend may wish for clear skies and clearing roads; it appears the snow that missed us on Friday hit quite hard a little further east.

More good news, I hear that Jeff D. and family were able to take his grandmother home for Christmas. It is always a blessing to hear of someone able to spend Christmas at home rather than in the hospital. One day I expect all of us to celebrate Christmas together in Heaven with our Lord Jesus. Please don't be late!

I see signs of hope in America, signs of a great revival coming. Let us all be ready to do our part in this, in whichever way that God calls for us to serve. This may be the last great revival, as the signs point to the arrival of the great events that will close out this chapter of history. What a blessing it would be to see all of America taken up on that great day of the Lord. Why stop there? Even better would be all of humanity, but the Bible says that many will not believe. Since I have no idea who will believe and who will not, I will just keep on writing.

Have a merry Christmas in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: