Friday, March 09, 2007

March 9, 2007

Good morning! We celebrated my 18th anniversary at Cabela’s yesterday. That is a long time to work at one place in this generation. It’s a Friday once again, and that means the weekend lies before us in all of its promise and possibility. I did mention keeping you updated on my quiet time effort and this week did not go too badly. It is still difficult for me to sit quietly for any length of time, but this only the first week of practice. The practice could use more dedication to the cause! In starting anything, sometimes that first week is an example of zealous dedication and other times it is like the big train starting out very slowly. I started out very slowly, some days forgetting entirely to work on my quiet time. How did my life become so chaotic? It probably began with the best of intentions; I wanted to give back to the Lord and do something to build his kingdom on earth. However, trying to build in my own strength while; working, going to college, and performing all of the other activities of modern life, left me mired in chaos and anxiety. It almost seems opposite, but the key to cleaning up our lives is not taking immediate action. We must first seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness, just as we are told in the Bible. The promise God gives to us is that, “all of these things will be added unto you” if we first seek Him. The way to this is through the Word and quiet meditation. Give up those burdens to the Lord, stop trying to win the fight in your own strength! Advice for me and advice I repeat to you.

May God grant us wisdom in all things this weekend!

Bucky

No comments: