Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13, 2007

Good morning, it’s another day of work and play. Last night I sought shelter in Jesus and it worked. Another evening call just at bed time, the fire trucks were lined up at our corporate building, a friend calls to have me check the Data Center display and… everything is normal. The problem must be elsewhere. No, another call a bit later, this time from work, to say that they are digging around in the floor of the data center to find the source of the problem. Calls and other fun ensue, but I am not called into work. That is by design of our boss; I am not supposed to be called in every time something goes wrong. However, that doesn’t stop the worry or the wheels of imagination. That is where prayer and concentrating on Jesus comes in. I won’t say that it went perfectly; my focus still needs a bit of tweaking. I did not receive further calls and was able to get a night’s sleep, though a bit delayed. Trying to count sheep or do mathematics is okay for a worldly person, but I would put trusting and focusing on Jesus ahead of the other methods any time. For easing my worries and cares, Jesus is truly the answer.
I know this seems a bit rushed today, and it is! It is a new day and the big boss will want some answers about what happened, especially given our history of problems this year, and it’s only March. So I must cut my morning preparations short today and get in there. I will take my little voice recorder in with me to capture some of the thoughts today. This should help slow down the maelstrom.

God bless,

Bucky

No comments: