Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Letting It Go

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,  Philippians 3:13 NLT

The year we wind down in these next two days will find few people wanting to hold on to it. Seldom has a year been more fitting for Paul's action in our verse for today, "Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead..." When asked to review the events of this passing year, many will close that book with a sound thump and look up to Jesus our Lord for what is to come. I'm not much of a prophet when I predict that this statement of Paul's will come up many times in New Year's messages to us. Praise God for Paul and all that he had to work to forget in his past. His message is good for us as we look with hope to a new year. 

The events of this past year crowd into my mind, wanting another mention in print. Can events become addicted to the media like people do? As the Lord is my strength, we will look ahead to the glory of Jesus our Lord to come! 

Rejoice in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: