Saturday, January 14, 2017

Let God Judge!

‘And as for you, O My flock, thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I shall judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and goats." (Eze 34:17)

Anytime I come upon a verse like this in the scripture, I tend to ask myself, "Which am I?" Then, it gets worse, I catch myself lending a hand to the Almighty in the selection. This type of people must be the rams, this other type must be the goats, and surely us sheep will be saved, right? The verse says all I need to know when the Father states, "I shall judge..."

We don't want to take up that burden of judging. We are talking eternal here; people like you and me consigned forever to unending torment and pain. That is a tremendous burden; one too large for the likes of us. As the Spirit reminds me in His quiet way, "Let God judge!" We do face a terrible temptation to take that mantle up for ourselves - always placing the self on the heavenly side somehow - but the Lord our God says that He will do this thing, and it is our submission to let Him judge.

Uh, oh, snowy weather on the way, be safe this weekend!

Bucky

No comments: