Tuesday, January 17, 2017

His Message: My Testimony

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. (Matt 28:19-20)

If I just want to pass along His message, the grabbing of a few Bible verses should do the trick for you. However, if I want to obey His command and spread the gospel personally it seems that a bit more may be needed. How could that be?

Adding words to the Revelation calls for a curse, so I'm not sure I want to attempt tacking a few of my own words onto the end of the Bible. Sounds scary! How can I share my testimony without His message? Of course His message is my testimony so that shouldn't be a problem. But now I'm really confused.

His message began and enabled my testimony. I can bear witness to life before His message came into my heart, and then show the changes He has wrought in me through His messenger, the Holy Spirit. Without His message there is no change in me and not much to testify about as a worldly life is quite common in this world. His message empowers my testimony, and like my Lord and myself, the two go hand in hand. Therefore as we go making disciples of all the nations, we use His message and our testimony to the glory of God the Father.

Enjoy the crunchy morning!
Bucky

No comments: