Tuesday, January 31, 2017

An Infectious Mess

He will infect you with all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will persistently afflict you. Deuteronomy 28:60

Ow, I can feel my sinuses backing up. This is what I get for starting a diet. The boss told me to stay home. When you're sick, no one wants you around. Even my sentences have shrunk. I feel afflicted.

The Lord Jesus loves me.

Imagine, if you will, your worst time of illness. Perhaps a childhood disease like the measles, a time when you were as they say, sicker than a dog. I'm not sure why they say that because dogs don't get sick very often. People fled from you except for Mom. The cat wanted nothing to do with you and the family dog whimpered and slunk away after one sniff. Sick, the very word sounds ill.

Then Jesus said, "I love you!"

Naming some terrible sin sicknesses, Paul tells us, "And such were some of you." Indeed when Jesus found us, we were not just lost sheep but very sick sheep. Yet, the Lord our Shepherd, loved us. The sickness of our sins did not keep Him away. The illness of the sinful heart did not stop our Lord from finding us. He covers us with His righteousness. It must be love.

Rejoice in a miserable day; He is coming soon!

Bucky

No comments: