Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Need On Our Side

The weather forecast for the next few days appears to say 'Spring!' for us. Whoops, went away there for a bit. I noticed a bit of e-mail contact housecleaning that needed my attention. Yes, the devotional should come first just as Jesus must come first in all things in my life! Even when taking out the trash, Jesus must have the place of preeminent honor in my daily walk. How does my Lord and my chores come together in the same thought? Isn't it disrespectful to mention the One who died for my sins and.. uh, the waste products of my worldly life in one sentence? You can decide that for yourself. The thought for today is our need for the Holy Spirit.

We have little hope of speaking or writing the righteous thoughts or performing the loving actions without the strength and guidance of our dearest Counselor, the Holy Spirit. I am too easily distracted even during a personal Bible study. Prayer easily slides off the rails as we kneel down and think of one thing and then another. In a quiet moment of meditation our thoughts of God veer unaccountably into the mundane thorns of our daily life. The need on our side for God's guiding Spirit is great. Praise God that Jesus promised to send us another Counselor, who does guide our thoughts and makes intercession for our prayers. Just like Jesus is our salvation, so His dear Holy Spirit is our sanctification, and intercession, and guidance, and encouragement, and the promise of God's eternal love.

There now, have a better day on your side!

Bucky

No comments: