Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Presenting My Success

In the days of my unbelief, I had the answers for Jesus. He wasn't asking any questions from the likes of me, and I certainly couldn't explain to the Creator's Son how to go about His business. On the other hand, when it came to salvation, I thought I had the answers for Him. Jesus is the Savior, He is all about the business of saving the nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, but little ol' me thought the answer was in how good I was...or could be with just the right circumstances involving education, wealth, job, etc. Sometimes, I even presented the makings of my success to the Son of Man, and told Him in prayer how to best go about making me good and successful. How else to save myself but to be so good that God had to let me into Heaven? Then faith knocked on the door of my heart.

Jesus, it seems, will not accept the dirty rags of human goodness. No matter how sweet or lovely (in human terms) I tried to make the package, Jesus wanted to save me in His way. Once the Holy Spirit brought me to the point of belief in Christ Jesus, then the old rags of my goodness looked pretty much the way the Bible writers said: dirty, ugly, foul, and worthless. I realized, at last, that for Jesus to be The Way, then all of life, love, salvation, goodness, and righteousness must be His way too. I cannot place Christ in a box and present Him to God as my success. He must present me to the Father as His success. Only Jesus' way will work; presenting my success is a sure way to offer nothing of value.

Have a wonderful day in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: