Thursday, February 05, 2015

I'll Admit It!

First of all, I have discovered that I cannot save myself, not spiritually or even physically. I have been lost and someone found me in so many ways. The state of lost is a good thing to discover, else one tends to continue forging ahead to the point of destruction. Found is a good thing after discovering lost, and I'll admit it; I didn't do it on my own. In life I have helped others, but I must admit too that I have been helped far more than I can ever repay. So then, where does all of this soul-bearing admission take us this morning?

I wondered about witness. Part of it is to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, but where does witness come in? What is my story worth in the overall witness and how do I go about it? Of course, the answer is found in, "I'll admit it!" Mistakes and assumptions I have made throughout my life. Admission of these things shows that God didn't give me some 'better than thou' head start. I have been afraid, so deeply afraid that it has a name in medical dictionaries. I have desired wealth and endured poverty. Thoughts of illicit and illegal gain have tempted me. I am so much like every other Christian who has ever been saved that we won't go into all the sinful thoughts that have tempted me over the years. All can be a part of my witness for Christ.

Amazingly, Jesus did not reach down and pick out only the perfect, sinless ones from the human sea. Paul reminds us that would be an empty bucket in any case. Our Lord did not pick out the ones with strong resumes in self righteousness. The religiously accomplished found no affirmation in Christ. Lost sheep the Savior came to find, and find us He did. We have a witness to share. Every Christian I've known can match me mistake for mistake, sin for sin, none of us was already found when Jesus slowed down and then turned around our headlong rush toward destruction. We all can say with the saints who have lived before us, "It's good to be found by our Lord!"

Enjoy the day in Christ,
Bucky

No comments: