Saturday, February 28, 2015

Cleaning Day

Saturday in life is not a day off. Not that I haven't taken a few of them off, but the Lord tells us of six days of labor in His word. If Sunday is the day we honor the Sabbath by resting, then Saturday must be a day of labor. This does not mean that you must go into work and give the boss a day of your labor for free. Homes, cars, and even families require maintenance and cleaning. Today can be a cleaning day for us, or perhaps a day of volunteering at a local charity or other good works. Attending your child's sports event probably requires a good bit of labor. Of course labor does not necessarily involve physical exertion in this age. Perhaps we are missing something in that though. Is it possible that men should leave the offices and cubicles and go back to the fields and lands to labor? Maybe, but at a certain age that sort of thing becomes less appealing as our ability to perform wanes. I at least would need a training program of some sort before attempting a long day under the sun at hard labor.

Why so much talk, er, writing about labor this morning? I think I will clean my home today. Winter firmly holds spring at bay across much of our continent, but I feel the mood for a spring cleaning today. I pray that my strength and endurance are in line with what my spirit is willing to accomplish this day. Yes, easy to say what I will accomplish before the work begins!

Praise God for the strength to get started on this Saturday!

Bucky

No comments: