Monday, August 18, 2014

Unlimited God

The moon is shining and the trains are zinging by on this early morning. Crickets have the backing soundtrack. Once in a while, I have this little discussion with myself: God's work will go on when some people or me get out of the way. You may have heard something like that before sometimes. Then, I think about God. Who can limit His work? No one. If God can be stopped, then what hope do I or you or anyone else have? I cannot call God the Almighty, but then say that He can be limited by any of my puny efforts. Yes, God does allow us freedom to choose, but that is not a limitation of His power.

Take water for example. I can choose to hold some in my hands for a while. With just a little time though, the water leaks out and the hands dry. I was wet for a little while by my choice, but it didn't last. When God parted the Red Sea for Moses, the children of Israel passed through on dry ground. There was no leakage. When the army of Pharaoh tried the same thing, the water by command of God went back to where it was before. God could have done the same with the Atlantic Ocean and Israel might have been located over here on this side of the pond. But no, Jerusalem was where it was and Israel was and is going to be over there. God established it, but not all that God established happened right away.

On the other hand, what I choose is limited and temporary. I am not all mighty. What God chooses may seem limited because not all of it has happened yet in our time-limited view. However, we will note in the Bible that what God establishes in His prophecy always happens in the due time. Hundreds of years passed before the arrival of the Christ child, but happen it did. Thousands of years may pass before Jesus returns, but in God's limitless power it will happen in the due time. All we do is limited, except for those things God decides to keep. And when we decide to believe in Jesus, we are kept forever in God's almighty hand.

There it is for a Monday,
Bucky

No comments: