Saturday, August 30, 2014

Overwhelming the Mind

I hear a great deal of cow mooin' this morning; I wonder what is up with that? Probably something along the lines of all the cat meowin' I heard somewhat earlier. Animals like to be heard when feeding time arrives, and it doesn't matter what day we think it is, or for that matter what time we think has not yet arrived. God likes to hear from us, but that doesn't mean that we belabor the almighty ears with repetitive complaints and whining wants. But, I did some weed chopping in the garden this morning, and all I can feel are the creeping things and phantom spider webs all over me! I do so want to go on about that for a while. Like the beasts, we have some earthly needs that tend to overwhelm the mind at times.

The urge to scratch an itch has driven many a military recruit quite near the edge at times. The instructors take days and weeks to drive discipline home, and mostly it works. The urge is not shut off, but simply overcome for a time. A better system might be to install an off/on switch, and the military is probably working on that in a lab hidden deep within Area 51. Even better might be to become so at peace with all of God's creation that passing critters don't stop to take samples, play with hair follicles, or invite the entire extended clan over for a feast. There is hope for this in the prophecies of Isaiah. One day the mind will not be overwhelmed by tiny trespassers. Whether they will be gone forever or we will live in peace with them, I do not know. But it sounds like a good program to me!

Have a restful and fun weekend in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: